Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Jeffrey!




Happy Birthday Jeffrey. It was 19 years ago that you joined our family. We remember you entering the world that day and you did not cry. Your dad asked the doctor if you were alright and he said we had a healthy baby boy. Now you have grown to be a very strong young man.


This week I was going through your baby book and I thought you might enjoy some of the memories I found written down.


Do you remember ..........



  • Playing for hours with your farm set lining up your cows, pigs and horses.

  • Getting mad at us and crossing your arms and saying "you go"!

  • Saying your prayers at night and thanking Jesus for Mommy, Daddy, Grandma, Grandpa, Kiki, baby Nick, Bingo, the tractor, wagon and the combine.

  • Your favorite foods when you were little were waffles, mac and cheese, chips, popcorn and pop-tarts. Some things never change!

  • This is a quote from your baby book . At 15 months it said "Jeff is a very sensitive and loveable lttle guy. He gives hugs and kisses to everyone including the girls in the nursery." Some things really don't change!

  • In Kindergarten you quoted your memory verse as follows. "Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. Brewers 14:8. You always did like baseball!

Happy Birthday Dear Jeffrey. May you always pursue Jesus with your whole heart. He is the author and finisher of your faith. Live for God and others, pray, be teachable, respond to the Holy Spirit's promptings, and stand firm on God's word.


I remember shortly after you were born your dad holding you . It seems just like yesterday. We had no concept of the blessings and lessons that you would teach us. We are so proud of you Boogie. Always remember how much we love you!



1 comment:

M and B said...

Found a link to you from the HLA 93 site, so thought I would stop by and say Hi! I forgot that Jeffrey was born on the same day as me! I remember having him in my caramel apple stand in Saskatoon helping me out. I still look back with fond memories on those days.