Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Women's retreat at Inspiration Point

This past week-end I got to spend the week-end relaxing at Inspiration Point Bible Camp's Women's retreat. What a good time with good friends! Saturday was a beautiful day where we enjoyed a 3 mile hike, a pontoon ride all around the lake, listening to Casey Baardson who spoke to us on our heavenly Father's faithfulness, lots of food and great fellowship.
Laura, Pam and I didn't have nearly the time we needed to catch up on what was happening in each other's lives. We might need another week-end together!
This is looking out past the baseball field.
There is ALOT of water out at camp. This is as you turn into Camp and it appears another lake has grown out of nowhere!
You have heard of water trampolines...well camp has water swing sets!
Pam, Laura and I were trying to set the timer on the camera to grab a picture of the three of us but weren't being too successful. This young lady happened upon us and took a picture for us. So, as we started to talk to each other I discovered that we are indeed related! Candis you will love this. Her great-grandmother and my grandma were sisters! You never know what you might discover at camp....even a long lost relative!
One of the perks at camp is great food and we weren't disappointed! And we even did manage to get a little sleep. I guess it was a little chilly in our room. Laura might not like me after she finds out I snapped this picture...but I will take my chances!

3 comments:

Candis Berge said...

Oh you are SO right! You found a real live relative by chance at camp? How totally cool is that????

I should be so lucky!!!

Candis Berge said...

And, in case you are wondering, you and that gal are 2nd cousins, once removed.

You are 2nd cousins with her mother.

Your mother and her grandma are
1st cousins.

(She is a third cousin to your children.)

rdljnrisbrudt.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for the mathmatical equation! :) Seriously, I did need you to figure that out for me. It would be my father and her grandma that are first cousins.

And...it is her mom and dad that we took our social dance class with!