Monday, June 22, 2009

Making the move!

This past week-end we went to Bismarck to see Lindsay and Sam's house. They bought a home in Bismarck. I am not publishing a lot of pictures because it would be more fun for Lindsay to do that on her blog (gietzenground.blogspot.com) and I have great confidence she will do it soon.....but I will put on some pictures of the work we did and a few of my favorite things about this over a century old home. We had a great week-end of working and visiting together. It went so fast!
On the front porch there is a cute swing so I thought we should get a picture of these two on their porch swing. The dog belongs to us but loves to visit too.
This is a spot in the livingroom that Lindsay put her curb shopping table. You can get a glimpse of the paint she picked out.
This is a beautiful stain glass window in their living room. The window faces the front of their house and looks out onto the porch.
A peak of one corner of the kitchen. Scrubbed from the top of the ceiling to the floor.
Richard is painting in the livingroom. Lindsay is standing in the front entry where there is a nice bookshelf. You can see their bedroom door.
This ledge and the wood piece that Sam is putting up will help define the living room from the dining room. That is the old paint color you see in the dining room
I really didn't paint....but who wants their picture scrubbing toilets!
Richard and Sam installing a new light fixture. The camera did not portray an accurate picture of the soft yellows Lindsay picked out for this room. Pealing off the last of the wallpaper.

4 comments:

Kari, RN said...

That looks like a wonderful home! I especially love the corner hutch, what a fun detail! I'm sure it'll make for fun trips to Bismarck, getting to stay in their new old home!

Lindsay Gietzen said...

Hey! Fun to see the pictures. I will definitely have to post some soon. Man, I look frumpy in my painting clothes and no make-up! But the house looks good! :)

Andrea said...

did you use the wallwik wonder for the wallpaper?? We've got some serious removal to do in the parsonage too. I like the colors - can't wait to see what Lindsay puts on her blog.

rdljnrisbrudt.blogspot.com said...

Lindsay stripped the wallpaper before we got there. They had put a liner on the wall before papering so she was able to just peel the paper off and then wet the liner with a warm damp sponge and it came right off. I have never used the wallwik but your mother in law sure liked it! I told Lindsay I was sure we would see wallpaper come into style again but it doesn't seem to be the trend right now.