Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Threshing Bee in Dalton

Once a year we take the concessions stands out of retirement to sell footlongs at Dalton. Here are some pics of our crew this week-end.
These guys crawled out of bed Saturday morning after a hard hitting football game with Willmar to work for us. I think winning the night before made it a little bit easier.
Putting these two in the stand together was a little risky but they did a good job!
Dean and Deb traveled to Alaska with us and came from Iowa to visit the Levangs this past week-end. We told them if they came to the threshing bee we would give them a footlong hotdog. Dean requested a "love boat" dessert like we had on the ship so we tried to deliver. You will have to compare it to the real "loveboat below".

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, the memories!! You do know there's a HAF 4 Life group on Facebook, right? They were having trouble with the (little) cotton candy machine at Eventide's Grandparent's Day last year and I almost stepped up - I definitely could have given them some pointers! :)

Candis Berge said...

Oh, I love the attempt to make the Love Boat dessert!

It was great to see Dean and Deb on your blog. Made me miss Alaska all over again!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you found my blog!! It is so much fun to catch up with people through them. Congratulations on Lindsey's engagement and upcoming wedding- I'm sure it will be beautiful!! The boys have really grown up too. By the way I do still have the kool aid game at my parents place!! We leave it for Grandma and Grandpa to play. IT is fun being a mom to 2. Amelia is an active 2 year old and adjusting to being a big sister.